RSS

Saturday, March 10, 2007

300




Frank Miller's Graphic Novel adaptations just keep getting better. 300 is based on a battle that took place around 481 B.C. Frank does admit he took a writers liberty while retelling the story.

"There's a scene where the Persian ambassador asks for a token gift of land and water, and a Spartan leads him to a well, and shoves him in, to his death. Like so much that is in this book, that actually came from reality," Miller attests, laughing. "I mean, I moved it around. I take all the liberties any fiction maker does, but the Spartans actually did treat tyrants that way."


Outstanding cinematography and film lens filters are necessary to capture the Mood of Original work, that combined with great writing keeps me coming back to his work.

"It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying, sometimes it means killing a whole lot of people. " Sin City 2005

I hope this movie does well as I would love to see "Ronin" done as a feature film. Yes I liked it and Will be buying it, when it comes out on blueray!?

Frank Miller (born January 27, 1957) is an American writer, artist and film director best known for his film noir-style comic book stories. He is acclaimed as one of the most influential and popular creators in comics today.

No comments: